arizona, cardinals, blog, andre, wadsworth, dockett, kurt warner,

Monday, February 8, 2010

This Photograph Is Proof



Ok, I'm dipping back into the well to a degree for this post. Recently, brilliantly named Jason Wright this Marcell Shipp, took on the unenviable task and essentially re-watched Super Bowl XLIII and lived to provide us all with a fantastic first hand account. It was my original plan to do the same. I figured it'd be kind of interesting to watch it again removed from last year's craziness. Couldn't pull the trigger. I still have no idea how he did it. Heres why though. Its not as if I can't talk about the Cardinals super bowl loss or come to come to grips with it or even to a degree reflect on it-far from that in fact. Its that I don't remember it really. The game that is. I remember a lot about that day, oddly specific details in fact, just very little about the game. The excitement before, the spectrum during the game, and then of course the feeling afterwards. Thats what I remember, that and a handful of plays. My point is this, because so much of the game would be newish, I think it'd be too much like watching the game live. Touchdowns and turnovers would be unexpected and exciting and eventually not enjoyable to see through to its conclusion. Just couldn't do it.

  • Saints fans showing their appreciation towards Drew Brees. I don't know what it is about this story and these pictures, but it got me. I'm actually happy for the Saints fans.
  • Vegas odds for next years Super Bowl are out. Apparently Vegas doesn't show the same faith in Matty Ice that I do. I wonder why?
  • Bunch of stuff I don't understand. It's a LOST recap!!!
  • Tonight marks the season 4 finale of Friday Night Lights. As previously promised, I will be writing my thoughts on the season. Since the show airs on DirectTV, I have to download it and watch it at another time, therefore we'll loosely peg friday as our expected FNL blog post date. To my knowledge Dustin is the only other FNL watcher who also stomps the Wadsworth yard, so I guess that means the rest of you can have a short hiatus from this here blog.
Lastly, the title comes straight from a Taking Back Sunday song. Too bad Pat doesn't read this blog, he'd give me the praise and affection I so badly crave.

Oh shit, there is actual Cards news. Let me squeeze that in.
  • Anquan Boldin trade talk has begun, again. We've previously given some thoughts on the Q trade subject and will most certainly provide more when there is actual news to report. For now its fan driven speculation which always turns out to be absurd.
  • Cards DBs coach, Teryl Austin, is interviewing for a college coordinator job. It could be argued that much of the Cards secondary woes are directly related to the lack of pass rush, but the truth is the secondary has many issues that extend beyond that. There is a lot of like about Austin. This year 3 of his 4 starters made the pro bowl. Furthermore, Coach Whiz loves him and "In Whiz We Trust." Then again, the Cards secondary kind of sucked and Bryant McFadden is still alive, so maybe Austin isn't doing that great of a job. We're on the fence with this one so we'll just toe the company line and back Whiz.
  • Russ Grimm finally made it into the Hall of Fame. When Antrel Rolle inevitably leaves in free agency later this off season, we are strongly considering "AGrimmOutlook" as our new pseudonym. That or you know, not have a cardinal-related pseudonym.

1 comment:

  1. I actually do plan on moving beyond season 1 of fnl, but to do so I will need one of two things: 1.) Get a TV 2.) Get a computer.

    So, I will avoid your next post as it is on level red of the spoiler alert color spectrum.

    Damn right LOST recaps!

    As for the super bowl, it was actually pretty sick. It's nice to see someone other than manning, cock-less-burger, or brady winning. Plus, it gives me more fuel to heckle chargers fans/phillip rivers...god I hate that sidearmed fucker.

    Keep em coming gouldma!

    You should send this to patty by the way.

    ReplyDelete