arizona, cardinals, blog, andre, wadsworth, dockett, kurt warner,

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Links

I don't have a picture/video to use as a lead in on this. Hell as of current typing I don't even have a title. I'm just gunna throw down a few links with a bit of commentary on each. The leg work of actually reading the articles is on you. Ideally you'll form your own opinions, but if you're not so inclined, mine can certainly be your default.
  • I fucking hate Rick Reilly. On top of being an awful journalist he is an asshole to boot. Thats right Rick, I know your secret. I know your infatuation for Rocky Mountain meteorologists. So when Rick wrote this piece, declaring Kurt Warner all but retired, I decided to hate him even more. I believe the psychological term for that is "transference" where I take all my anger/sadness/frustration with Kurt walking away a year too soon and put it all on Reilly. Whatever, fuck Reilly and fuck Freud, both are outdated self-severing assholes.
  • Kent Somers wrote today about the state of the Cards Oline. Apparently the organization is far more optimistic about this group than any single fan is (including this mildly informed/obsessed one). I'm fairly puzzled by this one.
  • This is Mel Kiper's first first-round mock draft. He has the Cards selecting Dan Williams, a nose tackle out of Tenn. While i do believe this would be a good pick for the Birds, he has OT Bruce Campbell going one pick later. With my lack of faith in the Cards Oline moving forward, it would be hard for me to endorse taking a NT with a quality offensive tackle still on the board. That said, defense should dominate the Cards draft plans so we'll see how this one continues to play out.
  • Lastly, a little something out of the local college ranks for our Wildcat alums. Sonny Dykes, UAs impressive offensive coordinator is leaving. With defensive coordinator Mark Stoops already having left for greener pastures (get it, cause Tucson is ugly) the Wildcat's are left solely in the hands of this man. Bear down?

2 comments: