arizona, cardinals, blog, andre, wadsworth, dockett, kurt warner,

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Hits Keep Coming

I know what you're thinking. Something like this right? "Trelian, what's a hip, cool, jive talkin cat like yourself doing home on a saturday night drinking alone and blogging about the Cardinals?" Well, besides revealing way too much pathetic information necessary to start this post, my response is thus- he/she who has not stayed home on a saturday night drunk and blogging about the Cardinals shall cast the first stone.

/dodges onslaught of stones from each and every reader of this blog.

Ok, clearly that was not the best initial response on my part. How bout a simple "fuck you, don't judge me, you're the one reading this blog anyways. Jokes on you!" Yup, I think thats what were going to go with. So with that out of the way, what say we move past that egregious intro and move into some actual Cardinals news.

On the heals of the Bertrand Berry retirement, the Cards lost another member of last years NFC West Championship team. Today news broke that Cardinals running backs coach, Curtis Modkins, has been hired to be the offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills. I got nothing here to be honest. This past year was Modkins one and only with the team and he didn't exactly make enough of an impact for me to talk about much here. When things are going well, and I consider a 10-6 record and first round playoff win a positive, you want continuity amongst your coaching staff but I don't think anyone is going to be lamenting the loss of Modkins. It took rookie running back Beanie Wells 14 weeks to learn how to pass block. Tim Hightower had a fumbling problem all season. To blame all of this on Modkins would be unfair, but fuck it he's leaving, so lets blame him. Wells is going to be a major player in next years team, so lets hope they are able to find a new rb coach who can help him reach his potential.

I just want to go on the record for a minute. Wait, by publishing this one the internet I am accomplishing that and there is no need to announce it. Yup. Ok lets forge ahead past that. I think Kurt is coming back. We linked earlier to his comments in a Rick Reilly article. At first these worried us, but since then we have re-read it a few more times and have a totally new spin on the subject. I'm going to withhold most of the analysis until he actually makes a decision, but I just want to go on the record and state that I believe Warner will be QBing the Cards to another division title next year.

/pours another drink and smokes a cigarette with cocky/semi-coy smile.
//turns on "Jersey Shore" reunion show.
///comes to grips with realty of everything that took place this past hour and slits wrists.

See you'll on the other side...







2 comments:

  1. I am in full support of drunken For what it's wadsworth posts because I can actually understand them and read them from start to finish. Keep it up Gould.

    ReplyDelete