arizona, cardinals, blog, andre, wadsworth, dockett, kurt warner,

Friday, March 26, 2010




It's been exactly one month, and despite the lack of Alien warfare "I'm Baaaaack!!!" There is so much to love about ID4 so lets run through a quick list.
  1. Will Smith's greeting to the Alien, "Welcome to Earff." I believe this was taken straight from any/all road signs indicating ones exit from New Mexico.
  2. The Will Smith and Vivica A. Fox kiss that won an MTV Movie Award for exactly that in 1997.
  3. Bill Pullman's speech. You all know the one I'm talking about. I still get chills when I hear it. My buddy Army knows the speech verbatim and dare I say, delivers it better than Pullman. Im gettin all sorts of geeked up just thinking about it right now.
So in honor of our ID4 theme, lets kick the tires and light the fires...

I was talking to Dustin today and mentioned to him that I was formulating a bit of a blog post in my head. He responded by saying "Heard that before, if only your readers could read your mind. You seem to post there everyday." It's true, I have written dozens of posts over the last month that end up getting deleted for one reason or another and that leaves us with this absurdly sporadic posting schedule. I had an entire post centered around Kid Cudi's "The Sky Might Fall" in relation to the 6 hour span in which the Cardinals seemingly lost half of their starters. Furthermore, I have written my farewell post about 100 times in my head and managed to get about 3 words on paper. I have had that post more or less written since about the 2nd week I started blogging. Its less about wanting to quit and more about wanting to see if it comes together as well on paper as it does in my head. It's very doubtful that it ever will, but here's a little teaser to keep everyone intrigued, Tate Donovan makes a guest appearance. I truly don't know who actually reads this blog, but if you do and want to take a guess at what the title will be (keeping Tate in mind), take a stab in the comment section and I don't know, you'll win some sort of prize. Yes that is my last-stitched, desperation attempt to make this a little more interactive.

A bit more musings and then you know we'll do our little bullshit Cards bullet point section at the end.

I'm irrationally excited for the month of April. I'm taking the metaphorical "turning of the page" very literally with this changing month, and frankly, I need it. I'm viewing it as a detox of sorts (not the kind where you dont drink or do drugs, that'd be crazy. It also hopefully won't be delayed 7 years like Dre's). I have something to look forward to for each of April's weekends. Ill spend the first one in LA with Reed. Now, every so often, we have taken advantage of Reed's generosity by questioning his sexuality and sanity (the Michelle Rodriguez thing), but that's only cause we have nothing but love for him. Rest assured ladies, Reed is very, very much sane. Anyway I'm honored to be able to go out to LA and see Reed rock his craft and I've never needed a beach more. Lately I've been listening to Cassadaga a lot, and so much of that album revolves around getting away to regain a clear mind and some semblance of balance. No pressure Reed, but this is exactly what I'm hoping to find. The following weekend will be spent in AZ, but hopefully with one of my blogging influences. Big Daddy Drew of KSK and Deadspin fame will be coming to AZ that weekend and after a bit of emailing, there is a decent chance I'll get to meet up with him. Last time I tried to meet another blogging idol it fell through, but later that day the Cardinals won the NFC Championship. That was a perfectly acceptable consolation prize but this time around I'd actually like "Plan A" to work out. The following weekend will be spent in our Nation's Capital with my sister. I love DC. I fully plan on going to the Library of Congress wearing a Nationals hat and listening to Wale. This brings us to the all important 4th weekend of April which brings us the draft. The draft is less than one month away and to steal a page out of Drew's book, Fuck and Yes. Golly Moses I love the draft. Have any of you ever known a person who says "Golly Moses"? When the Cards used to play at Sun Devil (the glory years if you will) the gentlemen who had season tickets next to mine was quite fond of that phrase. Considering that we're talking about the Cardinals during the SDS age, one can imagine him how often the phrase was said/screamed/muttered in disappointment. It made me laugh every time. Often, those games were so awful that the highlight of going was hearing him say that and watching the people in front of me rock out to "Welcome to the Jungle." With memories like that, why wouldn't you wan to go 4-12 every year? So that's my April in a nutshell. Lets do some birds bullets.
  • I'm glossing over just about every off-season move except one. The cards signed Joey Porter. This is incredible on so many levels, the least of which takes place on the field. Recently I got to see my buddy Tarny and made a promise to him I would buy a Porter jersey, cut it in half, and go early to the first game of the season so i can mirror him doing this. I will keep my promise to Tarny regardless, but if I can somehow get a six-pack by September I'll even post photographic evidence.
Actually, that's it. We'll be back around draft time, but hopefully a little sooner. To those of you who have, thanks for sticking with us and please, take a stab at the guessing game in the comment section. I promise the prize won't be something retarded, you know, like my respect or some shit.


9 comments:

  1. Don't get it, this some sort of entertainment weekly roundup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If for no other reason then the fact that I have resorted to an incentive program in order to garner some interaction on this blog, I want very much to respond to your zing but in reality I'm fucking exhausted and I already wrote 1,000+ words for this post and I got nothing. Plus i happen to know you were not exactly in top form when formulating that one so how bout we both get some sleep and you try again tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gouldma getting smoked from all sides. You might as well be in waco, tx...that was insensitive, but I'm not going to apologize. I'm simply going to point out that it was insensitive.

    Dustin killed you. Just saying.

    As for the monf of april (Will Smith gave me speech therapy as a kid), I'm looking forward to it myself. I can't guarantee you Cassadaga like clarity, but I can guarantee hookers and blow. So, if that helps clear your head as much as it clears mine then we're golden. If we're lucky we can go stand at Bill Pullman's star on the walk of fame and scream the ID4 speech at people through a bullhorn(for the record, I really doubt Pullman has a star, but he fucking should).

    Did you meet that other blogging nerd?... You know, that dude you were talking about -- the dungeon master of sports blogging. Fuggin' dweeby bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1)There is no such thing as insensitivity on FWIW, for the record. Plus, you know, Fuck Texas. They blew up Houston in ID4 with that nuke, who says we can't make fun of Waco.
    2) Without getting into detail (which makes this small story pointless) but Dustin has been absolutely murdering me of late, compliments to him.
    3) Hookers and blow don't equate to clarity, but it always guarantees happiness.
    4) No, i never got to meet Mr. Leitch (the dungeon master).
    5) Maybe we can't shout the speech from his star, but we can protest his lack of one, right?

    And lastly, while I never look a commenting gift horse in the mouth, WILL SOMEONE TAKE A FUCKING GUESS SO I CAN GIVE AWAY THE PRIZE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My names Gould and I'm happy the Cardinals drafted Golden Tate"

    I know thats right

    ReplyDelete
  6. listen all i think of when i hear the name tate donavon is three things:

    1. horse teeth.

    2. me fucking marissa cooper. and, no, i don't mean me fucking mischa barton. i mean, me fucking the fictional character marissa cooper.

    3. 7 bros sitting in a dorm room drinking beer in christmas sweaters and laughing at his pathetic existence.

    i hate tate donavon!

    if i may borrow a little wit from dustin...do we need to guess the title? you're never going to write another post anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA I loved that movie!

    "Welcome to Earth!" HAHA, do you remember that line?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete